When you buy a Wild Night puppy, you're becoming part of our family. Our puppies are the focus of our lives and energy for the first two months of their lives. All of our puppies come from healthy, well-conformed parents with sound
bodies and temperaments--their mother is a family companion and working dog, not a kennel dog.
All of our pups experience the extensive developmental protocol from Avidog International including:
- Early Neurological Stimulation (ENS/Biosensor)
- Early Scent Introduction (ESI), from 3-17 days of age
- regular socialization with people of all
ages and sizes
- a physically and mentally stimulating environment appropriate to their age
- potty training
- problem-solving exercises, again, appropriate to their age
- introduction to car rides
- visits to safe
locations for public socialization (places with people but not many dogs, such as a bank, Home Depot, etc)
- socialization with dogs other than their dam
- introduction to solid food after 4 weeks of age followed by natural weaning,
often not until 8 or 9 weeks
- walks in the woods
- opportunities to swim
- crate training
- impulse control
- teaching the recall
- introduction to cues, like sit and down
- Our puppies are raised in the living area of our home. They'll be accustomed to the noises and habits of family life. Our puppies are handled and socialized from birth, with daily individual attention. This daily attention includes nail trimming,
early neurological stimulation, early scent introduction and of course snuggling :)
- Our goal is to create the perfect match between puppy and owner. Since we know our pups better than anyone, we do not allow potential
puppy owners to pick their own puppy. To effectively match pups to homes, we gather information from prospective owners about their life style, experience in dogs, and expectation for their pup.
We also keep careful records of each puppy's reactions and personality to assist in placement. During their eighth week, we have other breeders evaluate the puppies' temperaments, using Avidog's Puppy Evaluation Test. All of these factors help
us decide what lifestyle and family the puppy will have the happiest life with, which is our priority.
- Wild Night puppies receive quality rearing and the best of care while they're still with us.
They are raised naturally, allowing to nurse as long as their mother will allow. We do nomographs on their mother's titers to know precisely when the puppies should be vaccinated. They will be sent home with strong recommendations for follow up
titers and vaccinations. The pups are also wormed regularly from four weeks of age on. Each pup also receives an individual examination by our veterinarian, a skilled practitioner.
have a lifetime commitment to all the puppies we breed. We expect to remain in contact with you throughout your dog's life (and perhaps beyond) so it's important that we feel comfortable with each other. We
will provide information on the successes and health of each pup's parents and relatives, as well as suggestions on training, showing, and, if appropriate, breeding.
- We will take any dogs
of our breeding back at any time, for any reason.